Also, my daughter decided to go ahead and sell some dolls from her business, Sock Doll Surprise, so I sent a box of seven dolls up on Friday.
Then last night, I got busy in the kitchen. Creativity is a lifestyle, huh? Introducing:
Salad with Tofu Cutlet and Peanut Dressing
- 1 Head of lettuce, your preference
- 2 bell peppers, sliced (mine were fresh from the garden)
- 1 chayote, sliced and raw
- 1 Tofu cutlet, cut into triangles
- 1 hard-boiled egg (or for vegans, leave this out)
- 2 Tbsp. Pickled watermelon rinds (I made this the other day. So yummy!)
- 2 Tbsp. Peanuts
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- 1 Tsp. Minced garlic
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup hot water
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sweetener of your choice
- 1 dash of vinegar (I used apple cider)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
For dressing, mix peanut butter and hot water together until smooth. Add in other ingredients. Chill until cool.
Fry tofu cutlet in sesame oil and garlic.
Layer salad ingredients with dressing on top, and peanuts on top of that.
This week, the last week of the month, I will be working on Mouse Tales Press updates. Plus, my amazing editor, Elizabeth Johnson, and I are busy picking our Pushcart Prize nominees from the Mouse Tales Press selection of 2012 writers. Stay tuned!
Oh, and my friend and fellow (still under construction) WordsmithStudio.org steering committee member, Khara House, is having a “Submit-O-Rama” in October. Sounds fun! For more information, visit her website, Our Lost Jungle.
Thanks for reading. I hope to be back to my regular "Signs of Life" blogging soon.
- Check out Clean House, Clean Mind at Muddying the Waters.
- Read a funny commentary about the pumpkin craze on Bolton Carley's blog.